Third Iteration

Unlike my first two experiments, this time I do not want to be bound by traditional ikebana skills. I just want to be free to do what i like. In contemporary ikebana, this style is called "freestyle". In the plant section, I chose to use carnations and eucalyptus leaves. Dull red and green in the visual gives a sense of comfort. In my opinion is the best choice for home flower arrangement. However, the material I used not only plants, but also includes the wine red ribbon, river pearl beads and pebbles.


I chose to use red ribbon and white pearls because they were very harmonious with carnations. The carnation I bought  is white with red edge. They look like lady's red velvet dresses.


The red wine ribbon emphasizes the color of the flowers themselves. Its texture is smooth, so it can reflect the soft light. I twisted it between the branches and leaves, creating more turns, so that the ribbon can reflect different light.


Pearl beads are what I made few month ago. They were used as jewelry. I hung 24 tiny river pearls on two gold fine metal chains. They are hidden in the eucalyptus leaves, and exudes the light of champagne gold.


This is the final result of my work looks like:


I have to say that this is my most satisfying work. The major reason is the freely choice of materials. I think these modern materials will fill the part of the plant can not convey. I am a lazy person, most of my time is staying at home. Also because of this, I hope that through the ikebana, my home can be more warm and comfortable.

Comments

  1. I can see your innovation this time by using red ribbon and pearl beads. Also I could imagine you are such a meticulous person to make the pearl beads. The final look is really, as you mentioned , freestyle. More I look at it more I like it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely improved after three iterations! My favourite is your second iteration because the warm yellow reminds me of summer ahaha. However your last iteration is also very original, I love the use of ribbon and how you tie the whole work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The originality of this is great! I never would've thought of this topic but I must say its quite intriguing. As something to help customize your home and express you mood or thoughts it does quite a good job, It would be awesome to continue posting photos of these arrangements, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you put your pictures nicely and it just made the visual looks nice. I think it's an interesting idea to make Japanese flower arrangement because there is a long culture behind and you did a decent job on the presentation of the flower arranging. I really like the color though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you thought up different forms and materials to come up with an original Ikebana design was really cool. I think all the iterations you've done looked fantastic, as well as your attention to details of each material used (texture, colour, arrangement). I found that your thought behind the ratios in measurements/arrangement in your second iteration was particularly intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Iteration

First Iteration