Second Iteration


Since the first iteration I used only a flower (orchid), for me it was not enough fun. So in the second attempt I would like to completely use flowers to form. And I will refer to the professional flower arrangement master's works. Learn their composition and color matching. This video is for me to refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLBjh7GcVyA 
Eventually I decided to use iris and tanaceto. Purple and yellow, the colors of two kinds of flowers, complement each other and forming a distinctive contrast. I think the vivid colors are very energetic and can represent the summer.


Same as the first iteration, I need to put in the putty. The different thing is this time I use the oval white porcelain pots. Because the shape is regular, I upside down the container and pressed it down, and then cut off the extra part of putty with a knife. So that the incision becomes very flat.


I cut the stems and leaves of the tanaceto almost completely, leaving only the head. And arrange them from small to big, from low to high. This cluster of flowers from left to right describes the process of growing flowers gradually, is a symbol of time and life law. For the iris, I chose one already bloom, one is not. The one that is not blooming looks higher because it's with people's hope of new life.


Here are some detail pictures of the finished ikebana:



In the composition, it is important to set the bifurcation point of the stem. It will determine the overall focus of the vision. So at the third of the whole, I divided the branches into two. The left one has a tilt angle of about 30 degrees. The right one is kept straight up the state.



It is very interesting for me to see the application of mathematics in floral art. It reminds me of the natural aesthetic formula, such as nautilus and gold ratio, sunflower and elevation etc.

Here is the final work looks like:







Comments

  1. This is incredible, it's so interesting to hear why and how you created this. Nice job explaining the reasons why you chose the certain elements in context to their history. Can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color choice of the flowers! I didn't know that there is a rule to control the height of the branch. It is enjoyable to looking at your process. Looking forward to see your final iteration~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about anything Ikebana, now I know from your blog!
    Also, it is so pretty that you make there, it's simple and decorative for house interior.
    I love how you combine those two flowers together the colours are perfectly match!
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Third Iteration

First Iteration